Baobab Fruit Powder and Extracts
Baobab fruit powder and extracts are obtained from the fruit of the African baobab (Adansonia digitata), one of the most familiar trees of tropical Africa. The fruit pulp has a high content of vitamins and minerals, is highly antioxidative, is probiotic given its high content of dietary fibre and has flavour-enhancing properties. The flavour of baobab is pleasantly acidic and fruity, somewhat reminiscent of grapefruit.
- Natural source of vitamin C, B2 (riboflavin) and B3 (niacin)
- High content of minerals such as calcium, iron and potassium
- Strong antioxidative Action
- Contains soluble and insoluble dietary fibre
- Fruit powder contains pectin, thus thickening and binding properties
- Flavour enhancing (e.g. fruity flavour in conserves)
- Novel Food approval in the EU since 2008
- Fruit powder requires no authorization in Switzerland
- Soft drinks, smoothies and other Drinks
- Pastries and bars
- Cereals, biscuits and snacks
- Dairy products
- Fruit fillings, jams, marmalades and sauces
- Ice creams, puddings and desserts
- Sports nutrition and dietary Supplements
Baobab Fruit Powder
Finely ground fruit pulp, containing pectin, suitable for use in smoothies, fruit juices, dairy products and pastries, as merely a few examples.
Highly water-soluble and depectinated, suitable for use in clear drinks such as soft drinks, for example.